The Death of Art

Serena leaned back in her chair, crossing her long fishnet-clad legs as the host settled in across from her. The woman's manicured hand gripped the microphone, her eyes shining with a keen interest. 

"So, Serena, this... final act, as you call it - it's certainly going to be your magnum opus. But to take your own life? Isn't that a bit...extreme?"



Serena chuckled, her fingers trailing along the curve of her neck. "Oh, you could say that darling, I've never been one for half-measures, it's the ultimate expression of art. My body, my soul - all of it, given over to the preservation of beauty." 

She leaned forward, her voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper. "And think of the fortune it will bring. Funds to restore those forgotten masterpieces, to give them new life from mine."

"Honestly, I'm honored. I get to become them in away."



"This is the pinnacle of my life's work. I'm giving everything, leaving nothing behind."


The host's brow arched, her lips curving into a sly smile. "And what of your...afterlife, shall we say? I understand you've made arrangements for that as well."

Serena's laughter rang out, rich and full. "Oh, you know me so well. Of course I have plans for that." She leaned back, crossing one long, fishnet-clad leg over the other.


"It's served its purpose, don't you think? Now it can serve a higher calling. Besides, why should I let a perfectly good corpse go to waste? Might as well let my adoring fans have their way with me one last time, hmm?"

The host couldn't help but wry at Serena's brazen candor. "And the price - a mere 30 euros per hour? That seems awfully low, don't you think?"

Serena waved a dismissive hand. "Please, darling, I'm not doing this for the money. It's all about the art, remember?" She flashed the host a coy smile. "I want my fans to be able to enjoy me without breaking the bank. 


The host swallowed hard, her grip tightening on the microphone. "Well, Serena, you certainly have a way of...captivating an audience." She forced a chuckle, her eyes darting briefly to the eager cameras. "I can't imagine your fans will be disappointed."

The host couldn't help but chuckle. "You're a real piece of work, you know that?"

"A masterpiece" Serena corrected with a wink. 




Comments

Popular Posts